Detailed information about the course
[ Back ]
Advanced Programming With R
16 - 19 November 20200
Marta Bellone, CUSO coordinator EE
Corinne Dentan, CUSO coordinator StarOmics
Debora Zoia, CUSO coordinator MPS
Dr Frédéric Schütz, UNIL & SIB (CH)
Course content (To be confirmed)
- Reproductible research with R: knitR
- Reminder about R data structures: vectors, matrices, data frames, factors, lists
- Object-oriented programming in R: S3 and S4 models
- Efficient programming in R: profiling, vectorization
- Data and character manipulation in R using base R and the tidyverse
- Best practices in R
- Graphics in R using base R and ggplot2
- Creating R packages
- (if time allows) Introduction to the creation if interactive applications with Shiny
University of Lausanne
Full attendance and active participation.
Make sure to sign the attendance list each and every day!
Since it is an advanced course, participation is conditional to an assessment of prior R knowledge.
16 to 19 November 2020
University of Lausanne, room to be confirmed
The course is organized in collaboration with the CUSO Molecular Plants Sciences and CUSO StarOmics Doctoral Programs.
20 places in total (10 StarOmics, 7 E&E, 3 MPS)
Phone: +41 (0)26 300 88 91
PhD students of the DPEE are eligible for reimbursement of incurred travel expenses by train (half-fare card, and 2nd class). Please send the original tickets along with the reimbursement form to:
Doctoral Program in Ecology and Evolution
Department of Biology
University of Fribourg
Chemin du Musée 10
NO reimbursement of your meal expenses
Regarding reimbursement of accommodation, please contact the coordinator of the doctoral program (ecologie-evolution(at)cuso.ch) BEFORE the beginning of the course. NO reimbursement of accommodation without the coordinator of the doctoral program agreement prior of the course.
Deadline for registration : 31 October 2020
To register, please use your myCUSO account!
|Deadline for registration|