You will learn how to use various functions to run multivariate analyses in the ade4 R package:
- Introduction and use of multivariate analyses on data presenting structuring in groups of individuals (between/within-class analysis and discriminant analysis)
- Introduction to multivariate analyses of relation between two data tables. Use and comparison of several classic methods of coupling (co-inertia analysis, redundancy analysis, canonical correspondence analysis)
- Analyses of spatial data: manipulation, mapping and spatial mutlivariate analyses.
- Introduction to methods for analysing multiple data tables
- Work in common, discussion and implementation of the methods of multivariate analyses with real data
PARTICIPANTS MUST COME WITH THEIR LAPTOPS AND THE INSTALLED SOFTWARE ade4, adegraphics, adespatial et spdep!
Make sure to test it before the course (all packages) and contact the speaker (stephane.dray(at)univ-lyon1.fr) before the course if you encounter any problems with this.
The course runs with lectures, practicals and general discussions. Example data are provided in the package itself, and used to illustrate analyses in the lectures and practicals, but own data can also be used.
Through your myCUSO account!
Priority is given to PhD students of the DPEE until 30 January 2022. After this deadline, first comes, first serves!
Free for participants enrolled in the CUSO doctoral programs. In case of cancellations before the official deadline (09.02.2021): free
Late cancellations or no-show: Administrative fee of 50 CHF will be demanded
Other participants: please contact the program coordinator at ecologie-evolution(at)cuso.ch