Who is eligible for reimbursement?
Only the PhD students inscribed to the Doctoral Program in Microbial Sciences, researchers/teachers and people organizing the activities can ask for reimbursements.
Simplified guidelines 2012: Follow this link
What kind of expenses is reimbursed?
1. Participation expenses: refer to expenses for traveling, meals and accommodation of PhD students attending an activity organized by the Doctoral Program in Microbial Sciences. Costs for attending activities other than those organized by the Doctoral Program in Microbial Sciences, for which ECTS credits can be obtained cannot be reimbursed. For example, a doctoral student can obtain 1 ECTS by attending a conference and presenting his/her research work. As the activity is not organized by the Doctoral Program in Microbial Sciences, costs for participation cannot be reimbursed by the program.
No matter how you travel (train, car,...), you are always reimbursed for the equivalent of the half-fare train tickets (2nd class) from your University to the place of the activity. Those of you having an AG ticket can also ask for reimbursement.
Accommodation and meals:
Accomodation: up to 90 CHF per day per person (Breakfast included).
Meals: 25 CHF per meal (up to 2 meals per day).
For activities that take place out of town, with common hosting of teachers/speakers and participants: up to 180 CHF/day/person, regardless of their status (professor, student), all costs included.
2. Staff/management expenses, which include honoraries, transportation, meals, and accommodation for the teachers/speakers/organizers, the scientific staff collaborators, as well as the administrative/technical staff responsible for the organization of the activities.
People invited from abroad: plane, economy class (exception individuals with special needs); train, 1st class.
People resident in Switzerland: no matter how you travel (by train, car...), you are always reimbursed for the equivalent cost of the half-fare train tickets (1st class allowed) from your University to the place of the activity. Taxi fares, Bus/Metro tickets and Parking expenses are not reimbursed.
We recommand that the invited speakers purchase their tickets.
Accommodation and meals:
Accomodation: up to 190CHF per night (Breakfast inluded).
People invited for a seminar are normally reimbursed only for 1 night (1 day full board), because they can come, participate to the event and leave in the time period of 24h. Exception is made for speakers coming from abroad, for which a night before and another after the event are reimbursed (2 nights full board). Meals: up to 40 CHF per meal.
For speakers/teachers coming from abroad, the payment of a fixed fee per day without presentation of the receipts is considered as remuneration and subject to direct tax. Therefore, this way of payment will only be admitted in exceptional cases.
3. Operating expenses, cover primarily the material of consumption, other than any durable equipment.
- All other expenses that do not belong to the following three categories are not reimbursed.
- A detailed description of the CUSO directives can be found here.
- Participants will be reimbursed only if the participation to an activity has been certified. Thus, make sure you sign the "list of participants" when you attend to an activity. The person in charge of the activity is responsible of collecting signatures and sending this list to the coordinator of the doctoral program.
- The amounts for the reimbursements given below should be considered as maximum amounts.
- Do not pay with Institutional credit cards.
How to get a reimbursement?
- Fill out the participants/teachers reimbursement form.
- Sign it.
- Attach all the receipts.
- Hand in or send all documents to the coordinator (see below).
Except for train tickets, you always need to provide the appropriate original receipt/invoice. Bus/Metro tickets to commute from the railway station to the place of the activity are also reimbursed, but you need to provide the tickets.Taxi fares are not reimbursed.
Every payment is then carried out directly by the accounting office of the CUSO.
Send your reimbursement form with your receipts to:
Coordinator Doctoral Program in Microbial Sciences
Université de Neuchâtel
Institut de Biologie
Rue Emile-Argand 11
Phone: +41 (0)32 718 25 81
General secretary's office
Tel: +41 (0)32 724 89 13
Tel: +41 (0)32 724 89 11